Want better grades? Want higher test scores? Want to be a better student? Our Study Skills workshop lays the foundation for academic excellence.
In this Study Skills introductory course, students in grades 6-11 will learn how to achieve success by applying these two types of skills:
- Will Skills
- Increase motivation
- Improve focus
- Develop teacher rapport
- Manage priorities
- Enhance self-advocacy
- Implement goal-setting
- Study Skills
- Increase retention
- Refine information filtering
- Structure note-taking ability
- Enhance critical thinking
- Implement effective study habits
- Improve content comprehension
Sessions will take place in four 1 hour sessions, culminating in a parents or teacher and parent presentation.
Students will, after completing these four sessions, have been taught how to be better note-takers, will know how much time they should spend on homework, will know how to build rapport with teachers toward their goals, and will appreciate more how much being disciplined as a student, therefore connected to preparing for college and beyond.
- Session 1: Students will assess their personal and academic success and goals, learn new time utilization techniques, and create a more effective homework schedule.
- Session 2: Students will improve outline and note-taking skills, and learn how to build better rapport with teachers.
- Session 3: Students will examine their progress developing Will Skills and Study Skills through goals set during the first session.
- Session 4: Students will compare their progress from their first session, better understanding the 3R’s Retention, Relationships, and Responsibility.
For More Information on this Study Skills workshop or to request a program for your school or business: Tony Di Giacomo, Ph. D., 914-222-3514, email at email@example.com, or fill out the contact form below.