Greenwich College Planning at Novella Prep
With thousands of colleges and applicants, college planning is becoming increasingly essential, building a strong foundation for academic success while also helping students and their families ease the stress associated with application deadlines, financial aid processes, standardized test scores, and more.
Since Novella Prep was founded, we have been helping Greenwich, CT, students achieve their academic potential with successful college planning techniques. Our online programming balances academic advising (which classes, how to get the best grades, what matters to colleges) with college planning (which tests, requirements for admission, visits, essays, financial aid, and the application), preparing students for both college and beyond.
When to Start Greenwich College Planning
By starting early, parents and students tend to have more freedom and flexibility to utilize the college planning process as one of growth and empowerment, leading to future success. We take cues from the student and family to identify when to integrate such opportunities into our study skills program with integrated early college advising and ramp up formal college planning during our Novella 11 program. The sooner students and parents think about how the day-to-day decisions affect longer-term academic outcomes, the better.
Benefits of Novella Prep College Planning for Greenwich, CT
Combining academic advising with college planning, we assist with class selection, study strategies, and decoding what colleges seek. Additionally, we simplify the college planning maze, covering test selection, admission requirements, campus visits, essay writing, financial aid, and the application process.
We also act as academic advisors, helping students hone their abilities to excel in their academic careers. Our study skills programs teach students how to read, listen, and study more effectively, leading to:
- Improved Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing.
- Improved Time Management.
- Improved Study Habits.
- Reduced Stress.
- Burnout Prevention.
- Staying Focused.
- Understanding Different Points of View.
By utilizing our study skills programs and our college planning services, students (and their parents) can take a breath and rely on us to guide them through the complex process, all while honing the student’s academic abilities.
Choose a College Planning Program:
If you live in Greenwich, we have five programs* for grades 10 – 12 and college students that run sequentially:
- The Novella 10 program runs through the entire academic year of 10th grade. We focus on providing academic enhancement through personalized study skills preparation and early college advising.
- The Novella 11 program runs until May 1st of 11th grade. We focus on providing comprehensive college planning, visit planning, test strategies, and developing their portfolios.
- The College Application Year program runs from May 1st of 11th grade through their college deposit submission. We assist students as they submit applications, conduct follow-ups, manage decisions or waitlists, negotiate financial aid, and ensure all possible opportunities are identified and pursued.
- The Novella 12 monthly program runs after January 1st of a student’s 12th-grade year. We aim to provide students with college-specific study skills and effective preparation for their transition to college.
- The Novella College hourly or monthly advising program runs for current college students. We focus on foundational elements to support college success, including transferring to another college. In addition, we provide support with resumés, cover letters, internships, job searches, and career path advisement.
*Please note that while our services are aimed at helping maximize academic opportunities, we cannot guarantee specific results such as test scores, grades, or admission to a certain college.
Statement of Ethics: We believe that the student is the face of the application and, therefore, stand behind the mindful decision never to contact colleges on behalf of one. As members of NACAC and IACAC, professional organizations providing standards of best practices, we believe that through hard work and our guidance, students can earn and enjoy their own success!
When to Start Greenwich College Planning
The sooner students and parents think about how the day-to-day decisions affect longer-term academic outcomes, the better. By starting early, parents and students tend to have more freedom and flexibility to utilize the college planning process as one of growth and empowerment. We take cues from the student and family to identify when to integrate such opportunities into our study skills program with integrated early college advising and ramp up formal college planning during our Novella 11 program.
Greenwich College Planning Timeline
Based on external research as well as our own experience, we have achieved great results when we focus on the academic fundamentals through our Study Skills programming and then integrate college planning at key milestones and at a pace that works with a student’s mindset and readiness. Here is how our college planning integrates with high school milestones and the rest of our programs:
Since the needs of our students typically grow as they approach college, our programming is tailored to each individual student. Any student in one of our Novella 6-10 study skills programs will receive knowledge and information that will help them when they fully transition to the Novella 11 program and beyond. Start early, stress less.
Greenwich CT College Planning With Novella Prep
If you think Novella Prep might be the key your child needs to unlock their future, schedule a no-fee college planning consultation with us to help you determine if our program is the right fit for their needs. Contact us today to learn more!