What We Offer
Our teacher and counselor programs meet the needs of today’s schools contending with a shifting learning environment and increased complexity in college admissions. The Teacher Professional Development Workshop Series provides direct benefits to them as instructors. To the students, they serve–sharing templates, practices, and routines that have demonstrated evidence supporting student academic growth and SEL improvements. Teachers derive a sense of purpose and satisfaction from having clarity on how to tackle some of the most significant challenges facing students post-pandemic, such as:
- Strengthening students’ study and executive functioning skills in and outside of the classroom
- Improving retention and graduation rates
- Increasing motivation and determination to attend school
- Developing a renewed interest in taking advanced placement classes
- Motivating students to prepare for and attend college
A recent study by IES showed several key findings not only pertaining to drops in student performance on NAEP, but also for teachers these key findings for which our programs can be part of a broader solution:
- “In June 2022, eighty-eight percent of public schools reported that teacher and staff burnout as a concern during the 2021-22 school year.
- Sixty-two percent of public schools in June reported that they were concerned about filling vacant staff positions.
- Public schools expect to have to fill an average of three teaching vacancies for the 2022-23 school year.”
About our Novella Teacher Professional Development Program
Teacher PD Program: Optimizing Student Engagement and Learning
Goal: Improve teachers’ ability to support students’ learning and performance, optimizing communication, time management, study strategies, note-taking, and more.
Format: Virtual Zoom Presentations *
* We are prepared to adapt and modify any of the described formats, materials, and content outlines to reflect the student audience and accommodate variable attendees and time constraints of sessions. We are happy to substitute certain activities or documents provided or add additional requested components per a district’s objectives.
About our Novella Counselor Professional Development Program
Counselor PD Program: Trends and Best Practices in College Planning
Goal: to provide knowledge from our team who bring admissions experience from Princeton, Oxford, Columbia, UNC, Duke, and Boston University, among others, coupled with trends and observations from Novella Prep, having worked with students in over 40 school districts. With an understanding of what matters in admissions, the obstacles to a successful process, and how to optimize the student narrative over time, this program supports schools and their families toward increasing the probability of healthier students who can realize more optimized outcomes. Whether high-performing, uncertain, or neurodivergent of all performance levels, our team draws from experience with students of all backgrounds merging customized approaches to various learners as well as best practices that continue to be unmitigated among families with whom we support, seeing tremendous potential for schools both public and private to enhance their offering to families within the resources allocated to them.
Format: Virtual Zoom Workshops and supporting materials
Contact us to learn more about Teacher Professional Development or Counselor Professional Development Programs offered by Novella Prep.